Please note: applications have now closed for this position.
The Wollongong Conservatorium of Music is one of the largest Regional Conservatoriums in NSW with 1,700 students receiving tuition each week either at its base at Gleniffer Brae or in local schools. We are dedicated to motivating and inspiring students of all ages through music education and performance, enabling them to shine through music.
A long standing Piano Tutor & accompanist will be leaving for Europe, therefore the Con is seeking to hire a PIANO teacher on a casual contract to teach initially for Term 4, 2019, approximately 20 students per week (depending on demand) and the opportunity of the employment continuing in 2020. .
Initially for Term 4, the successful applicant with take responsibility for the teaching of classical piano for current students from preliminary to advanced levels, ensuring continuity of their current teaching program. The teaching timetable for Term 4 is Monday, Wednesday & Saturday.
The job responsibilities include:
· One on one piano lessons from K – 12 students and adult students
· Preparation for students to sit AMEB piano Exams
· Preparation of students for scheduled concerts and other performance opportunities
· Be the piano accompaniment for Conservatorium performance events.
Essential selection criteria:
• Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain relationships with parents, students, staff and other stakeholders.
• Tertiary qualifications in music and/or education.
• Committed to music education
• Minimum 2 years teaching experience
• Piano accompaniment skills
Applicants are requested to submit a letter of application including a statement addressing the selection criteria and CV. Application materials should be provided as a PDF file(s) and should be sent to [email protected]. There is no closing date for this role as recruitment/selection will commence on receipt of your application. If interested please apply ASAP.
The Con adheres to Child Safety regulations and any employment is first subject to satisfactory completion of NSW Working with Children Check. Short-listed candidates will be required to attend interview 11/9 – 30/9/2019
For further information please contact the Conservatorium on 02 4228 1122.