How do I enrol?

Applications are completed online. Alternatively, we can take applications over the phone or on a paper form at the counter. Your application will be acknowledged within 5 working days and you will be given further information on the progress of this application.
PLEASE NOTE: lodging an application form does not guarantee a place in the requested program.

Who am I enrolling with?

You are enrolling with the Wollongong Conservatorium of Music Ltd, a not-for-profit organisation funded by the NSW Department of Education to provide quality music education in the Illawarra.

When is enrolment confirmed?

We will confirm a lesson arrangement with you verbally or in writing, and then send written confirmation in the form of an email with an attached invoice. Any change or cancellation must be in line with Terms & Conditions and comments below.

How long do I stay enrolled?

Your enrolment will rollover each term until you notify us of withdrawal.

How long is a term?

We have four terms a year and while our terms are closely aligned with school terms, our terms are always 9 weeks long.

When do I pay?

All fees are due before your first lesson each term and lessons cannot commence until payment is made. Payment plans are available if required, but an initial payment must be made before lessons can start.

How do I pay?

The email that contains your invoice provides details for payment by BPay. If you want to pay at the office we are open Monday to Friday. Please note: teachers are not authorised to accept payments and cash payments are not accepted.

The payment plan we offer is processed by direct debit. Please click here for the direct debit authority form.

What if a lesson is missed? Do I get a refund?

Refunds are not given for student absences other than in exceptional circumstances. We provide you with nine lessons per term (unless your lessons commence after the start of term). If a teacher does not provide all the lessons that you enrolled for in a term, then we will either credit you for the next term or provide a refund.

I want to cancel or defer my enrolment, what should I do?

Notify us in writing to the Enrolments Officer (email [email protected]). We will consider you enrolled until we hear differently from you. To avoid being charged for a term, you must notify our Enrolments Officer no later than one week before the start of the relevant term if you are withdrawing or deferring your enrolment.

What’s the difference between withdrawing and deferring?

Withdrawing from a program cancels the enrolment, deferring merely puts it on hold for a specified period, but keeps your place in the program. However, deferring does not guarantee that you can retain the same time or day when you return to the program. If you wish to recommence classes after withdrawing, your application is treated like a new enrolment.

I want to make a change to my enrolment, who do I contact?

Any enquiries regarding enrolments, fees, refunds etc. are to be directed through the Con office. Teachers are not authorised to negotiate fee adjustments, refunds or make changes to enrolments.

Why is there an enrolment or admin fee?

The enrolment fee is to cover some of the costs associated with the many aspects of administering an enrolment for the year. This fee however is only payable once per year per family.